We seek a full-time associate to join our Program Team to support the success of various projects. We seek motivated candidates with strong project management and organizational skills, who are dedicated to advancing the mission of an education non-profit organization, and who thrives in a start-up environment. This position will report to the VP of Program and Partnerships.
The ASSISTments Foundation (TAF) is a non-profit with a staff dedicated to improving student learning through ASSISTments, a responsive online learning platform that is teacher-paced and evidence-based. ASSISTments allows teachers to assign independent math practice online, providing students with immediate feedback and teachers with actionable data. ASSISTments experienced tremendous growth in 2020 and is now used by more than 20,000 teachers and 500,000 students. The system is one of few available K-12 math tools proven effective through rigorous randomized controlled research.
Specific to the Role: The Program Associate will be responsible for providing project management support to the VP of Programs and Partnerships on several current projects that involve grant funding and partnerships with external organizations, as well as assisting with the launch of new initiatives. Examples of such projects includes:
- Large Federal Grant: ASSISTments has received a multi-year federal grant involving four organizations (including The ASSISTments Foundation and our partners at Worcester Polytechnic Institute) to support our scale. The grant involves multiple work streams including developing a new product feature, and developing a professional development model for teachers.
- Philanthropically-funded Strategic Partnerships: As one example, ASSISTments is launching a virtual tutoring program in two school districts this Fall in partnership with a virtual tutoring provider, with support from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Content Building Projects: ASSISTments receives contracts to build content within the platform. When such projects occur, this person will oversee the building process, creating trackers, recruiting and managing builders, supporting invoicing and payment, and ultimately ensuring work is on track and completed with quality (note this does not involve any technical expertise. Just strong project management)
Within each project, the program associate will support in the following ways (with specific responsibilities depending on the nature and stage of the project):
- Coordinating with relevant stakeholders to develop a project plan
- Establishing clear roles and responsibilities across members of the project team
- Clarifying and outlining processes that support effective collaboration and workflow
- Supporting the development of documents needed to support the project, for example for recruiting participants, or communicating about the work
- Supporting scheduling project-related meetings
- Preparing internal and external reports on the projects (including for funders and partners)
- Budget tracking
- Setting up systems that support organization and communication (shared google drives, airtable bases, slack channels)
- Proactively identifying risks and opportunities within projects, as well as creative ideas for improving work (for example identifying and taking steps to fix day-to-day process issues)
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders to allow for successful work
- Establishing effective communication processes with stakeholders
- Coordinate with cross-discipline and multi-organizational team members to ensure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills. Nothing gets you more excited than coordinating across people and organizations to support successful outcomes. You love developing great processes and systems!
- Strong written and oral communication skills with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to target communication to various audiences
- Experience coordinating cross-team projects, managing timelines and stakeholders, and strategizing creative solutions towards clear goals.
- Success in working collaboratively with professional staff in external organizations
- Proactive, thoughtful, and entrepreneurial work style on both highly independent and team projects.
- Experience with the Google suite of office products. Experience with airtable, slack, and hubspot a bonus.
- Experience teaching or an understanding of public education is ideal. This person would need to be eager to learn and understand the broader context and goals of these projects
This is a full-time, fully remote position. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status, now or in the future.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, The ASSISTments Foundation seeks not just to accept differences - but to celebrate, support, and thrive on it for the benefit of our staff, our product, and our community. Employment is based solely on someone’s merit and qualifications directly related to their professional competence. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law. The law aside, we also do this because we believe it’s the right way to treat people.
To be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter (both required) to Careers@assistments.org. We are actively seeking to recruit a diverse pool of candidates, therefore, we invite you to submit this optional self-identification form along with your application.