ASSISTments is looking for a talented UI Designer to create wonderful user experiences. Your role and work product are critical as we enhance our web applications and attract new users.
You should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills, and be able to translate wireframes and designs into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- Ability to collaborate closely with product management, engineering, and UX designers.
- Conduct or participate in user research and evaluate user feedback
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
- Present and defend your design decisions which are based on an overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. color theory, visual weight, etc.)
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Keep yourself and the larger team updated on UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Three or more years of experience with web and web application design
- Strong portfolio to be presented during an interview
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it.
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related
This is a full time position located in our computer lab at Worcester Polytechnic Institute. Successful applicants must possess US work authorization.
Take some time to learn more about ASSISTments and then send your resume, cover letter detailing your interest in ASSISTments and the role, and portfolio as applicable to Jobs@assistments.org