Thank you to all who expressed their interest. This opportunity is now closed.
ASSISTments is seeking diverse 7th grade math teachers with experience using Engage NY and/or Eureka Math for a paid opportunity to support the development of two new features within our platform. We enthusiastically welcome candidates of diverse backgrounds and are committed to recruiting a cohort of teachers that reflects the communities of students we serve.
What will I be working on?:
As an Instructional Recommendations Teacher Collaborator, your time will primarily be spent reviewing common wrong answers to problems in Engage NY and/or Eureka Math, and generating two kinds of messages that will appear within ASSISTments to support math learning- Instructional Recommendations for teachers, and Common Wrong Answer feedback for students.
Instructional Recommendations are short tips for how teachers can best address student misconceptions based on the common wrong answers for that problem.
Common Wrong Answer Feedback provides students with helpful feedback on their response, so they can learn from their error and get the problem right the next time.
Am I a good fit?
ASSISTments is looking for teachers who:
- Have taught 7th grade math
- Are familiar with the Engage NY and/or Eureka Math Curriculum
- Can commit the required amount of time (see below).
What is the time commitment?
- November 1-26, 2020- Estimate 6.5 hours- $300 stipend
- You will attend three required 90-minute meetings with your cohort of fellow teacher collaborators, and do some practice tasks in between. This will provide you the training and support you need to be successful. (We will schedule base on the group’s availability)
- November 30-January 31, 2021- Estimate between 20-25 hours of work total - $1,200 stipend
- Number of hours is an estimate for the amount of work. You will receive the stipend upon successful completion of the assigned tasks
- The number of hours spent working during any given week is up to individuals and flexible, so long as tasks are completed by 1/31/21
What will you gain?
- A chance to collaborate with a group of math teachers
- Hone your depth of understanding of your curriculum
- Influence the creation of a new ASSISTments feature that will benefit thousands of teachers and students
- Receive a $1,500 stipend