ASSISTments has growing demand from schools and districts for training and support with ASSISTments. For this reason, we are looking to recruit and train a group of experienced ASSISTments users to become ASSISTments Certified Trainers.
How do I apply?
Interested teachers should complete this application by May 1. If we think you are a good fit, we will follow-up to schedule a 15-30 minute phone interview.
How does it work?
- When we receive requests for training from schools and districts next school year, we will share the opportunity with our ASSISTments Certified Trainers (ACTs)
- As an ACT you can choose to lead training on a first come first serve basis, based on your availability and capacity. All training and support is virtual. It’s flexible!
- You will earn $250 for each hour of formal training and $50 for each hour of flexible support delivered to one of our school or district partners.
Why become an ASSISTments Certified Trainer?
- Earn money
- Develop as a leader and grow your knowledge of ASSISTments
- Potential to grow into additional paid opportunities with ASSISTments
Am I qualified?
Strong candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Already a regular ASSISTments user with strong existing knowledge of the platform and its features. This includes
- Finding and assigning content
- The student experience
- Interpreting data reports (assignment, student details and skill builder)
- Using the data to plan next steps and engage students in discussion
- Introducing the platform to students and setting them up for success
- Beyond the above “bread and butter”, we are interested in candidates who bring expertise in specific areas, including
- Leveraging ASSISTments to support one of the core curriculum we offer (Illustrative Math, Eureka Math/EngageNY, Open Up Resources)
- Maximizing ASSISTments with Canvas or Google Classroom
- Best practices for specific grade bands (elementary, middle, or high school)
- Some experience leading training and professional development, coaching teachers, or other relevant leadership experience
- Note that all ACTs will be required to complete the ASSISTments Certified Educator program by July 1 (if not already Certified). We are offering a special Fast Track option to make this as easy as possible.
What is required of ACTs?
- If accepted, you will join us for our Certified Trainer Summer Institute. This will be a two-day virtual institute on July 12 and 13 that will prepare you to deliver ASSISTments training. (You will receive a $500 stipend for attending).
- We will have occasional required one hour webinars for our ACTs to learn about product updates and changes to our training decks
Interested teachers should complete this application by May 1.