Assignments will appear to students as embedded links in Google Classroom or Canvas assignments. However, this will look a bit different depending on which LMS you use.
1. Student will access their ASSISTments assignment through their LSM (Google Classroom/Canvas)
a) In the Google Classroom Stream, students can click any ASSISTments assignment, go to the Instructions tab, then click the embedded link. Students can also go to the Classwork tab, click any ASSISTments assignment, and a dropdown will appear with the embedded link. Finally, they click the embedded link to access the problems for the assignment.
b) In Canvas, students click the Assignments tab (1), then click on an ASSISTments assignment where you will see the embedded ASSISTments link (2) to access the problems for the assignment.
2. The assignment link will take students to a landing page that gives them the option to start the assignment
3. Student View in test mode is similar to a traditional summative test. Students get only one attempt to answer the question.
a) Students will not receive immediate feedback as they submit their answers. Instead, they will see a blue dot indicating their answer has been submitted.
b) Students will not have access to any available hints, explanations, or the “Show Answer” button that they see in Practice Mode.
c) Students will still be able to preview their previous answers submitted
4. After completing an assignment, students will see a report (Symbols of Success or Scoring and Class Average) with their score and results.
a) They can see the class average and whether or not they asked for a hint for each problem.
b) Students can hover over the Problem ID to reference the problem from the assignment.
Symbols of Success
Scoring and Class Average
5. If you would not like students to see this student report, follow the directions here to disable.