Setting Assign Time Options
Step 1: Select all the problems in a problem set by leaving the box above all problems (a) checked or choose a selection of problems by unchecking (a) and check off the boxes (b) located in each problem box. Then, click Assign to Class (c) in the lower right hand corner.
1. Modifying the Assignment Name (optional)
2. Selecting a Learning Management System (assign via Google Classroom or Canvas)
3. Assigning to One Class or Multiple Classes. Note: The first time you use ASSISTments (or if you want to update the ASSISTments database with any roster changes), click “Import/Sync” to import and/or update the classes and rosters that already exist in your LMS.
4. Test Mode - Click to turn on test mode, which will allow students one attempt on each question and no feedback. See here for instructions on how to enable Test Mode in your ASSISTments account.
5. Problem Order - You can modify the order in which students answer problems.
a. Linear Order: Problems will appear in the order in which they appear in the problem set.
b. Random Order: Each student will get the problems in a different random order.
c. Student Choice: Students will see all problems in the assignment and can then select the order in which they complete them. Click here to learn more about the student experience with student choice.
6. Setting a Release Date (optional): Note, if you don’t set a release date, the assignment link will appear in your LMS immediately.
7. Setting a Due Date (optional): Note, if you set a due date, students will still be able to complete the assignment but will be marked as late in your Assignment Report.
Step 3: When finished with assign-time options, press 'Assign to x Class'.